Allergy – The Facts And FiguresBy
I would like to share what I found and to let you know that you and your family don’t have to be one of these statistics. Read to the end to find out why.
Take a look at these allergy facts from www.allergy magazine.com:
1) One in three of the UK population now has an allergy and it is rising at 5% a year.
2) There is only one consultant allergist per two million population: “Allergy Services in the NHS are totally inadequate and cannot cope with the rising amount and increasing severity of allergy in the UK,” says a new report by the Royal College of Physicians.
3) Asthma, rhinitis, and eczema have increased in incidence two to three fold in the past 20 years.
4) Once a rare phenomenon, peanut allergy is now the most common food allergy to cause fatal or near fatal reactions and has trebled over four years. It affects one in 70 children.
5) At any one time 20 % of the population will be suffering from allergy symptoms.
6) Most people react in some way to the house dust mite and mould.
7) The UK has the highest incidence in Europe and is in the top three in the world.
8) Hundreds of thousands of children are kept awake at night either by their wheezing or eczema.
9) The cost of allergy to the country, at the GP level alone, is GBP900 million a year.
10) Allergy to medication is becoming much more common.
According to Allergy UK
A study, ‘Stolen Lives’, commissioned by Allergy UK, revealed the impact of allergy on 6,000 people living in the UK today. It found:
- Four in ten UK school children have an allergic condition.
- More than 1 million people in the UK have a food allergy.
- Around 45% of people suffer adverse reactions to certain foods.
- Seven out of ten sufferers say their allergy has an adverse affect on their lives.
- More than half say it prevents them taking part in leisure and work activities while nearly two thirds claim it influences the planning of events.
- In eight out of ten cases sufferers report their children are also allergic.
- 3/4 complain that GP’s and nurses offer little help in advising patients on how to manage their ailment and almost six out of ten were not referred to an allergy specialist.
They are startling allergy facts aren’t they?
You would think that by now there would be a way to eliminate allergies wouldn’t you?…………………..
Well there is!
You can start eliminating your allergies one by one so that you and your family do not have to be one of these statistics.
I am working hard to develop my system that does just that and it should be ready early in the New Year. I will teach you how to identify and eliminate allergies, including hidden allergies that could be causing your unwanted symptoms. You can use this for yourself or your family.
(You should still take advice from your medical doctor and I recommend that you use this system as a complementary rather than alternative part of your health care program).
Why not make it a New Year’s resolution to start treating the underlying cause of allergy rather than the symptoms!
Please leave a comment below or share this post with your friends.
With love and light,